Rejuvenate, Revitalise, and Reclaim Your Confidence: Our Approach to Treating Menopausal Skin
Menopause is a natural phase in a woman’s life, marking a significant hormonal transition characterised by the decline in estrogen levels. While hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog, and mood swings are commonly associated with menopause, the impact of estrogen deficiency goes far beyond these well-known symptoms.
In our Reclaim the Changes blog, we discussed the effects menopause has on body shape, sexual health, and bladder function. Today, we’re focusing on how menopause affects the skin and introducing you to a ground-breaking technology designed to address the challenges of estrogen deficiency: Emepelle. We’ll also look at the holistic approach we take at Ocean Cosmetics to rejuvenate and refresh menopausal skin.
Understanding the Impact of Estrogen Deficiency on Skin
Estrogen, a crucial hormone, plays a vital role in maintaining skin health and appearance. It contributes to skin elasticity, hydration, collagen production, and even wound healing. However, when estrogen levels decline during menopause, these beneficial effects diminish leading to a range of skin issues.
- Dryness: Reduced estrogen levels can result in dry and dehydrated skin.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Collagen production decreases, leading to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Loss of Elasticity: Skin becomes less firm and loses its youthful elasticity.
- Dullness: Reduced blood flow can cause your skin to appear dull and lifeless.
- Thinning: The skin’s thickness decreases, making it more fragile and prone to injury.
Estrogen exerts its powerful effects on skin cells by binding to estrogen receptors (ERs). There are two primary types of estrogen receptors, ER-alpha (ER-α) and ER-beta (ER-β) found on various skin cell types. These receptors play a crucial role in maintaining skin health. While ER-alpha activation is essential for reproductive health, it’s also linked to reproductive cancers. Thus, selectively targeting ER-beta, as Emepelle does, offers a safer approach to addressing skin concerns associated with menopause.
Emepelle’s Selective Targeting with MEP Technology
Emepelle’s MEP (Methyl Estradiol Propanoate) Technology selectively targets ER-beta receptors in the skin, offering a safer approach to addressing estrogen deficiency without affecting the rest of the body.
This selective activation leads to a range of benefits for your skin, including:
- Hydration: Emepelle enhances skin hydration, reducing dryness and promoting a smoother complexion.
- Firmness and Elasticity: MEP Technology helps improve skin rigidity and elasticity, giving your skin a more youthful appearance.
- Collagen Production: Emepelle stimulates collagen production, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Thickness: Your skin’s thickness increases, making it more resilient and less prone to damage.
- Luminosity: Emepelle rejuvenates your skin, bringing back its natural glow and vitality.
- Safety: Emepelle is a non-hormonal estrogen receptor agonist (NERA), ensuring safety and effectiveness without affecting other parts of your body.
The Emepelle Skincare Range
As we begin the journey through the Emepelle range, it’s essential to highlight the remarkable benefits each product offers. Let’s start with the Serum, a catalyst for transformation.
At the heart of the Emepelle range lies the Serum, a true game-changer in menopausal skincare. Its advanced formulation is meticulously designed to complement the effects of MEP (Methyl Estradiol Propanoate) Technology, maximising visible results.
Key Ingredients of this serum and their benefits include:
- 1% MEP (Methyl Estradiol Propanoate): This groundbreaking ingredient is at the heart of Emepelle Serum, helping restore the natural function of estrogen-deficient skin by selectively targeting ER-beta receptors. This offers a safe and non-hormonal solution tailored to the unique needs of menopausal skin.
- 4% Niacinamide: Niacinamide, or vitamin B3, evens skin tone and texture, brightens the complexion, smooths fine lines, provides antioxidant protection, and strengthens the skin’s barrier function.
- Antioxidant Blend: Emepelle Serum incorporates a blend of antioxidants to defend your skin against free radicals and promote overall skin health. These antioxidants shield your skin from environmental stressors, allowing it to thrive and radiate vitality.
- Peptide Blend: Peptides combat oxidative stress and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This moisture magnet hydrates the skin, maintaining moisture for a plumper, smoother complexion.
The Night Cream, designed for once-a-day use, maximises your skin’s nightly rejuvenation. Key ingredients include:
- 2% MEP: Double the MEP concentration since the cream is used once per day, restoring the natural function of estrogen-deficient skin.
- 8% Niacinamide: This powerhouse ingredient continues to even skin tone, smooth fine lines, and enhance the skin’s barrier function.
- 1% Retinol and 0.05% HPR: These ingredients reduce the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation, aiding nightly rejuvenation without irritation.
- Peptide Blend: The same peptide blend found in the Serum further combats oxidative stress and the signs of aging.
- Shea Butter, Grape Seed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil: These moisturising and humectant ingredients hydrate the skin, maintaining its moisture barrier.
The Eye Cream helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, under-eye puffiness, and dark circles. Its creamy, lightweight, and fast-absorbing formulation makes it suitable for layering with other products and under makeup.
Ocean Cosmetics’ Holistic Journey to Radiant and Rejuvenated Menopausal Skin
At Ocean Cosmetics our approach to menopausal skin focuses on a holistic transformation. It begins with cosmeceuticals like Emepelle, addressing estrogen-deficient skin concerns at the cellular level. This foundation is complemented by the strategic use of energy-based devices tailored to individual skin needs. By considering other biostimulators, we can ensure that the skin not only looks but also feels rejuvenated and refreshed.
Let’s dive into this approach step by step.
- Preparing the Skin: Cosmeceuticals, MEP Technology, and Bio-remodelling
Before delving into energy-based treatments, it’s crucial to prep the skin and optimise its health. This begins with the use of cosmeceuticals, and Emepelle, with its MEP Technology, is a star player in this phase.
The right skincare products can work wonders in restoring moisture, improving skin texture, and promoting overall skin health. Emepelle’s cosmeceutical range, with its selective targeting of ER-beta receptors, helps address estrogen-deficient skin concerns safely and effectively.
- MEP Technology
This groundbreaking technology is at the heart of Emepelle, offering a non-hormonal solution to rejuvenate menopausal skin. By selectively targeting ER-beta receptors, it enhances hydration, firmness, collagen production, and overall skin thickness.
Bio-remodelling treatments, such as injectables or non-surgical procedures, can be considered to stimulate collagen and elastin production. These treatments can complement the effects of cosmeceuticals in restoring a youthful complexion.
- Addressing Specific Concerns with Energy-Based Devices (EBDs)
Once the skin is primed and nourished, it’s time to address specific menopausal skin concerns using energy-based devices (EBDs). Here’s how we can tailor these treatments to individual needs:
- Laxity: For concerns related to skin laxity, consider using Radiofrequency (RF) and High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) treatments. These technologies stimulate collagen production and tighten loose skin effectively.
- Open Pores: Microneedling or Microneedling Radiofrequency (MNRF) treatments are excellent choices for reducing the appearance of open pores. They promote collagen formation and improve skin texture.
- Pigmentation and Fine Lines: Fractional resurfacing lasers, in combination with RF treatments, can target both pigmentation issues and fine lines, rejuvenating the skin’s appearance.
- Redness and Pigmentation: BroadBand Light (BBL) therapy is a valuable tool for addressing redness and pigment irregularities, offering safe and effective results.
- Sagging and Laxity: Combining High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Stimulation (HIFES) with RF treatments can provide exceptional results in addressing sagging and laxity, enhancing muscle tone and skin firmness.
- Consider Other Biostimulators
In addition to EBDs, considering other biostimulators can further enhance the skin’s vitality and health. Biostimulators, such as injectable fillers or collagen-stimulating agents, can provide a natural-looking boost in volume and improve skin texture.
How Ocean Cosmetics Can Help
Dr Gina is extremely passionate about women’s health, and loves empowering women to reclaim the changes associated with menopause to increase their quality of life. Ready to navigate this phase with grace and vitality? Book a consult with Dr Gina to learn how she can help with your concerns, so you can embrace your menopausal journey with confidence.