You’ve got experience, memories and confidence to boot! Your sixties are your golden years – so enjoy them! You’ve spent decades working hard, raising a family, traveling and having a good time but this is when you can start to slow down (just a little!) and use all your wisdom to create new adventures and memories. By now, a lot of the effects of ageing may be appearing on your skin. All those days spent tanning in your teens don’t seem like such a good idea now with sun damage and age spots showing through. Never fear! The right combination of resurfacing and tightening treatments will keep your skin looking good for years to come.
Most common skin concerns for this age:
- Fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Less radiant appearance
- Loss of volume
- Sagging facial shape
- Sun damage and pre-cancerous lesions
- Vaginal dryness and painful sex
Here’s our top treatments
for women in their 60’s
Fraxel Laser 1550 or 1927
Outcomes: Stimulate cell turnover for more radiant skin
When it comes to Fraxel Laser, there’s two types of treatments, depending on what your skin concerns are. For sun damage and dark spots, Fraxel Laser 1550 works to target the old, damaged cells and replace them with fresh healthy skin that has improved tone and texture. Fraxel 1927 is also a resurfacing treatment that stimulates cellular turnover and is particularly effective for wrinkles and acne scarring. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Restore lost volume
Bio stimulant fillers made from polylactic acid (PLA) subtly and gradually give you a more youthful looking appearance by helping to stimulate your skin’s own natural collagen production. This helps restore its inner structure and increase facial volume that has been lost to ageing. Dr. Gina is the leading trainer for tissue stimulants in WA. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Restores and rejuvenates your intimate area
After childbirth and major hormonal changes like menopause, your intimate area may not look and function as it did before. ThermiVa is a non-invasive vulvovaginal treatment that tightens and tones both internally and externally to improve vaginal sagging and looseness, vulvovaginal dryness, leaky or overactive bladder, orgasmic dysfunction and more. This treatment is helping so many women reclaim their body. Read Dr. Gina’s client’s feedback here.
Endymed 3DEEP FSR
Outcomes: Stimulates collagen to improve the texture of your skin
This resurfacing treatment gently removes damaged skin cells in the upper layers and leaves you with smoother skin, reduced pores and more even texture. It’s a great treatment to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars and can be combined with our treatments, like our luxury tightening facial, to give you a refreshed, more youthful appearance. Read more here.
Outcomes: Works deep within the skin to revive and rejuvenate
Intensif is a great resurfacing treatment to for skin that’s showing signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles. It’s a skin remodelling treatment that incorporates skin needling to stimulate the skin and encourage the natural production of new collagen and elastin. When teamed with a tightening treatment, this skincare program can have encouraging results. Read more here.
Dr. Gina says:
“Your skin has gone through many changes by the time you reach your sixties. It’s important to give it a lot of love and nourishment through at home skincare and in clinic treatments to keep it nourished and refreshed.”
- Sun protection is just as important now, as it was 40 years ago. As your skin starts to thin with age, it becomes more susceptible to sun damage, so applying sunscreen every morning is a must!
- Dryness is a common concern for ladies in this age group. Avoid using harsh soaps on your face and instead opt for nourishing, moisture rich products.
- Find a make-up look that works for you. Heavy foundations and powders will just highlight fine lines, however a light weight tinted BB cream or moisturising foundation will still give you the coverage you’re after.
- Chemical exfoliation will help to brighten your skin! Try to avoid the harsh, at home exfoliants and instead treat yourself to a chemical peel at a clinic.
- Maintaining a good skincare routine at home is just as important as visiting a clinic to get treatments. Home care is crucial to supporting your skin and the results you want. Your morning routine should consist of products with Vitamin B & C in the morning and use your AHA and Vitamin A products in the evening.