You’ve got decades of experience at this thing called life. All the smiles, laughter, tears and everything in between has etched who you are as a person on the inside and out. Puberty, pregnancy, stress and menopause (whether you’ve been through it yet or not) all can have a huge effect on your hormones, which is turn will show on your skin through fine lines, pigmentation and volume loss.
Cosmetic treatments in your 50’s aren’t about making you look 21 again, they’re about enhancing your natural beauty and slowing down some of those tell-tale signs of a life well lived.
Most common skin concerns for this age:
- Fine lines
- Lost skin volume
- Sagging facial features
- Vaginal dryness and painful sex
- Dry, dehydrated skin
Here’s our top treatments
for women in their 50’s
Outcomes: Restores and rejuvenates your intimate area
After childbirth and major hormonal changes like menopause, your intimate area may not look and function as it did before. ThermiVa is a non-invasive vulvovaginal treatment that tightens and tones both internally and externally to improve vaginal sagging and looseness, vulvovaginal dryness, leaky or overactive bladder, orgasmic dysfunction and more. This treatment is helping so many women reclaim their body. Read Dr Gina’s client’s feedback here.
Outcomes: Decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
No frozen faces here! Our wrinkle relaxer treatments are design to gently relax your muscles, smoothing our frown lines and crow’s feet, avoiding the ‘frozen look’ to leave you looking refreshed. Our highly experienced doctors get to know you and your face intimately before any relaxers are used, to ensure a refreshed, yet natural look is achieved. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Restores volume to desired areas
Dermal fillers can be used to restore volume that is lost due to a change in your hormones. Our cosmetic doctors and nurses will assess your face shape and structure and use fillers to enhance and restore plumpness to your face. Find out more here.
Endymed Skin Tightening
Outcomes: Tones and tightens loose skin
When combined with dermal fillers or skin boosters, Endymed Skin Tightening can help to restore skin volume in a way that looks natural. This treatment also improves elasticity and skin structure and will rejuvenate and plump your skin for a more youthful result. Find out more here.
Endymed 3DEEP FSR
Outcomes: Stimulates collagen to improve the texture of your skin
This resurfacing treatment gently removes damaged skin cells in the upper layers and leaves you with smoother skin, reduced pores and more even texture. It’s a great treatment to have reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars and can be combined with our treatments, like our luxury tightening facial, to give you a refreshed, more youthful appearance. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Works deep within the skin to revive and rejuvenate
Intensif is a great resurfacing treatment for skin that’s showing signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles. It’s a skin remodelling treatment that incorporates skin needling to stimulate the skin and encourage the natural production of new collagen and elastin. When teamed with a tightening treatment, this skincare program can have encouraging results. Find out more here.
Dr. Jess says:
“It’s all about a combined approach in your 50’s. For example, combining a resurfacing treatment with a tightening treatment will give you a better result together, than either of those as a standalone treatment.”
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. It may be hard to sleep soundly through the night, but by going to be early enough and getting your 8-9 hours, your skin will thank you for it.
- Keep your skin hydrated. Avoid super hot showers, harsh soaps and anything that will dry your skin out too much. Purchase a hydrating night cream and as always, drink lots of water!
- Stay active and move your body! Maintaining an active lifestyle will have so many benefits for your body, appearance and health now and in the long run. A walk in the morning or evenings is a great place to start.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Too much sugar can lead to inflammation, which can then have a flow on affect to wrinkles and skin sagging. Sugar can also cause conditions like acne and rosacea to flare up.
- Keep up that SPF habit… and if you don’t have one, then now is as good a time as any to start! Find a sunscreen that sits nicely under your make-up and make sure you apply to your hands and all the way down your neck and décolletage as they areas will show sun spots and damage more easily than others.