It’s true what they say – life really begins at 40! You have the experience and confidence to really know who you are as a person and what suits you. Whether you’re working hard in your career, taking care of your family or using these years to explore the world, your 40’s can open up so many new and exciting opportunities.
Tales of a life well lived will start to show up on your skin and face in these years as your hormones start to change and your collagen levels drop again, so it’s a good time to discover what treatments and products work for you to give you that refreshed look whilst nourishing your skin.
Most common skin concerns for this age:
- Sagging facial structure
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Less radiant appearance
- Pigmentation and brown sun spots
- Hormonal acne scarring
Here’s our top treatments
for women in their 40’s
Outcomes: Restores lost facial volume
This is one of Dr. Gina’s favourite treatments to have and perform. It uses your own blood platelets to stimulate new cell grow. The result will leave you with rejuvenated skin and improved complexion that works from the inside out. Find out more here.
Endymed Body Contouring
Outcomes: Tightens and contours your body
Whether you’re looking to tighten loose skin after losing weight or to tone and tighten areas that exercise alone won’t help, Endymed Body Contouring is a popular non-invasive aesthetic procedure with great results. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Smooth fine line and wrinkles
No frozen faces here! Our wrinkle relaxer treatments are design to gently relax your muscles, smoothing our frown lines and crow’s feet, avoiding the ‘frozen look’ to leave you looking refreshed. Our highly experienced doctors get to know you and your face intimately before any relaxers are used, to ensure a refreshed, yet natural look is achieved. Find out more here.
Cristal Medical Cryolipolysis
Outcomes: Permanent fat reduction
Cristal Medical Cryolipolysis or simply Cristal for short, is one of our newest treatments at Ocean Cosmetics. It uses increasingly cold temperatures to target fat cells and force them into a state of destruction. These then naturally expel through the system in the weeks following the treatment. Arms, abdomen, thighs, love handles and more can be targeted, and optimal results are shown at 10 weeks post treatment. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Increase firmness and elasticity
Mesotherapy combines different vitamins, enzymes, peptides, nutrients and more to create a meso cocktail based on your skin concerns. Whether you’re looking to reduce pigmentation, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles or to add some much needed hydration to your skin, this treatment is a winner! Find out more here.
Endymed Skin Tightening Facial
Outcomes: Tone and tighten your skin
Loose, drooping skin on the face is one of the unfortunate side effects of ageing. The Endymed Skin Tightening facial works to improve skin elasticity and structure, which will plump and rejuvenate your skin. This treatment can be teamed with dermal fillers to replace lost skin volume and give that more youthful appearance. Find out more here.
Dr. Gina says:
“Skincare in your 40’s should be focused on restoration of your skin to give it that toned, tightened and refreshed look and feel! Treatments that stimulate collagen and cell growth will help you to achieve that desired look.”
- Incorporate a serum into your skin care arsenal. Using a serum either in the morning or at night (or both!) will help slow the signs of ageing.
- Reconsider your make-up look. We like to stick to what we know, but what may have worked for you in your thirties may not be the way to go now. Find nourishing products that suit your skin and always remember that less is more as you get older.
- A glass of red wine can go a long way. Now we’re not saying it’s ok to have a bottle every night, but the occasional glass of red wine can give you an antioxidant boost. The key is to not go overboard though.
- This is where Retinol, the evidenced based DNA repair, becomes crucial. It’s important to research and review what product will be right for you, as the concentration for mode of delivery matter. Here at Ocean Cosmetics, we use the Rationale No.6 DNA cream to help reduce the signs of ageing.
- Look at your skin care routine holistically by including vitamins and supplements that will work from the inside out to help your skin but will also give your body the energy it needs to get through the day. Products like Vitamin B, magnesium, Vitamin C, zinc, CoQ10 are all good ones to look at.