Your 20’s may be about experimenting but your 30’s are about getting serious, especially when it comes to your health and skincare. Your 30’s are the right mix of experience and youth – travelling, career, relationships and more will all contribute to the amazing memories you’ll create during this time of your life. However, some of these choices can impact on the overall look of your skin, especially if you’re drinking, sitting in front of a screen all day and not getting enough sleep.
Your cell turnover will start to slow down meaning that your face and skin will start to show signs of ageing. Sounds like fun (not!). But with the right products, routines and treatments, you can keep your skin looking fresh and youthful for longer!
Most common skin concerns for this age:
- Hormonal acne scarring
- Pigmentation or brown spots
- Redness or inflamed skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Dry, dehydrated skin
- Early signs of fine lines and wrinkles
Here’s our top treatments
for women in their 30’s
Skin Solution Gym – Premium Treatment Program
Outcomes: Combines popular treatments into a great value package
Put your skin to work with Skin Solution Gym! This is perfect for those who are serious about committing to their skin on a regular basis. It combines treatments into a monthly package which saves you in the long run. Whether you’re prepping for a big event (like your wedding) or getting serious about your skin, the Premium Treatment Program has a great selection of treatments to choose from. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Reduces sun damage and dark spots
Sun damage in the form of age spots may start to appear on your face and hands as you move through your 30’s. BBL Photorejuvenation can even out your skin tone and fade those sunspots, and even scars and freckles. Your skin will be looking more youthful and vibrant within a few days of your first treatment. Find out more here.
Double Chin Treatment
Outcomes: Redefine your jawline
A double chin can be hard to get rid of through exercise and diet alone, so our double chin injectable treatment will give you a more structured chin and jaw line. The treatment destroys fat cells in the area to reveal a more prominent and defined chin. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Smooths and refreshes skin
This is one of the most popular treatments at Ocean Cosmetics. Medical grade needling refines open pores, helps with acne scars and can soften the appearance of fines lines and wrinkles. Also known as collagen induction therapy, skin needling works to stimulate skin cell production to rejuvenate and regenerate your skin. Find out more here.
Clear & Brilliant Laser
Outcomes: Fights early signs of ageing
Loved by celebs like Anna Heinrich (The Bachelor contestant), Clear & Brilliant laser is a mini resurfacing treatment created to help fight the early signs of ageing. If you haven’t had laser before, but are considering it – this is a great treatment to start with. There’s little downtime and results last for months. Find out more here.
Outcomes: Open the eyes, look fresh, lift the eye brow
As your collagen production starts to slow, you may notice some fine lines and wrinkles becoming more pronounced around your forehead, eyes and mouth area. Wrinkle relaxers are about reducing animation lines i.e. frown and creases, and as a result it opens the eyes, lifts the eyebrow and creates a fresh look. Find out more here.
Dr. Jess says:
“Take the time to find out what treatments and products work best for you and your skin in your 30’s. Your body can go through a lot of changes during this decade, including pregnancy, which may cause pigmentation or melasma, but there’s a number of treatments that can help to reduce the appearance of it.”
- Get active! Look for skin care products with active ingredients or antioxidants to fight environmental stress factors. Ingredients like oral vitamin C, oral Resveratrol (check out Miss Vitality), topical Vitamin C (Rationale No. 2) and AHA’s but have a chat to a therapist or professional first to find the right products for your skin type.
- Get your skincare routine down pat. Know what order (cleanse, serum, oils, moisturiser, etc) and products you need to do in the morning and evenings and stick to it!
- Eye do! The skin around the eyes is so delicate, it’s often the first area to show the signs of ageing. Find a good eye cream and apply gently with your ring finger before you apply moisturiser.
- Supplement your skin care routine with good nutrition. Good skin starts from the inside out, so include lots of vitamin and antioxidant rich foods into your daily meals. If you need a little extra help adding this in every day, check out the Miss Vitality product range for the added nutrient boost.
- Book in a yearly skin check-up! It’s so very important to look after yourself and your skin, so by having your skin regularly checked by a professional, you’ll be able to catch anything before it becomes something too serious.